Nothing is more annoying than an AirPod that doesn’t work, so you only have sound in one ear. In this tip, we’ll explain what to do if your wireless earbuds aren’t working properly with your Apple device.
AirPod Doesn’t Work: Here’s What You Can Do
The AirPods often work together effortlessly and very nicely with your iPhone, Mac, or iPad, but you may sometimes run into problems. Occasionally, for some users, only one AirPod works, and the other doesn’t seem to connect properly, or suddenly cuts out and doesn’t make any sound.
It is often unclear what exactly is causing this, but when you reset the AirPods to factory settings and pair them with your iPhone again, they often work fine again. You do this as follows:
Factory reset Apple AirPods:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and go to ‘Bluetooth’;
- At ‘My devices’, tap the ‘i’ behind your AirPods and then choose ‘Forget this device’;
- Put your AirPods in the charging case and press the button on the back.
- Hold the button for at least 15 seconds;
- You will see that the light of the box flashes white and then orange.This means that the AirPods will be reset;
- You can then reconnect the AirPods to your iPhone or iPad by opening the box and tapping ‘Connect’ on the screen of your device.
Other issues with your AirPods
And that was it! If you have other (audio) problems with your AirPods , you can find them in our other tip. And if you want to know more about Apple’s wireless earbuds, you can visit our AirPods overview page .