Recover deleted files MacBook air – Have you ever needed a file but the file you were looking for was deleted a long time ago?
Then how can we access files that have been deleted for a long time or may have been permanently deleted on Mac devices ( iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air , etc.)? Let’s see the article below!
Recover deleted files MacBook air
1. Recover deleted files Macbook air from trash
Note that files cannot be recovered from an emptied Trash, which can either be manually or automatically emptied after 30 days of being in the Trash.
- Step 1: Click the Trash icon in the Dock.
- Step 2: Select your file (you can use the search bar if you remember the name of the file you want to recover).
- Step 3: Right-click on any of the selected files and select the Put Back or Restore option.
2. Recover deleted files macbook air from Backup
Restoring files from a backup will only work if you made a backup before you deleted the file. You have to remember where your files are stored. Of note, all Macs with macOS 10.5 or later come with an additional backup tool called Time Machine, which allows users to restore the entire operating system or specific files from a local backup stored on a dedicated backup drive.
- Step 1: Open the folder containing the deleted files using Finder.
- Step 2: Click the Time Machine icon located on the Menu Bar and select Enter Time Machine.
- Step 3: Select the files you want to recover. Use the timeline on the right edge of the screen to find the latest version of your file.
- Step 4: Click Restore to recover the selected files.
3. Try Recover deleted files From mac data recovery software
For the record, data recovery software cannot recover files that have been overwritten by new data. Recovery software applications can usually recover files from an emptied Trash and you will be able to recover permanently deleted files.
There are several choices of data recovery software applications for Mac that are free or paid, one of which is PhotoRec – a free solution to recover deleted files on Mac.
- Step 1: Download the PhotoRec software application at this link .
- Step 2: Open the application and select the disk containing the lost data.
- Step 3: Select the partition for recovery.
- Step 4: Select the options PhotoRec will use for recovery.
- Step 5: Search the disk for recoverable files.
- Step 6: Select the items to restore.
- Step 7: Select the location where the recovered files will be placed.
- Step 8: Perform recovery.
That’s a collection of tips on How To recover deleted files macbook air ( iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air , etc.)