Restarting or rebooting is one of the things that iPhone users must do. Restart iPhone is not done when the handset lags , hangs, or errors. However, you also have to regularly restart the iPhone every day.
Why do we need to restart the iPhone? Isn’t the iPhone an expensive device that does minimal damage? The answer is that because the iPhone is a fairly expensive device, then you must maintain the iPhone by restarting it regularly.
By restarting the phone, you have helped to extend the life of the device because it will automatically refresh the system on it. In other words, a restart also acts the same as an existing refresh on the computer.
Benefits of restart iPhone
There are many benefits that you will get when restarting or rebooting your iPhone. This benefit will be felt if you haven’t restarted it for days. So here are some of the benefits of restarting the iPhone.
When the System Suddenly Stops or Malfunction
While you are surfing the internet using your iPhone, suddenly the device stops and cannot function. Don’t panic, you just need to restart the iPhone to make the system work again.
Improved Recently Downloaded Apps
If you recently downloaded an app from the App Store or another site, your screen may display a prompt to restart your iPhone. Do this to complete the installation process for the new apps.
Reduce iPhone Load
Who says the iPhone can’t be overloaded ? Just like Android phones and others, an iPhone that is used continuously can become overloaded . This is due to the cache that accumulates and the number of applications running.
Well, to reduce the burden on this iPhone, you have to restart the device so that various caches will be cleaned. Because if left alone, your iPhone will become lag or slow when used.
Resting a Day-Used iPhone
The system in a device can also feel ‘tired’ if it is used daily without being rested. Restarting or turning off the device after a few days of use can make the device last longer. Instead, don’t forget to restart your iPhone at least every 3-4 days.
Restarting is also useful for testing the network connected to your device. For example, when browsing on your iPhone becomes slow, maybe it’s time you restart your iPhone to renew the network connection. After restarting, browsing on iPhone will be faster and normal.
This restart benefit does not only apply to the iPhone, but to all types of gadgets . The reason is, the restart is done to update the system on the gadget . Just like humans, gadgets also need to be restarted to rest the system for a while.
Well, if you are a new iPhone user, maybe you don’t know the right way to restart the iPhone. Well, this time StoriesBase will share several ways to restart Apple that you can try to get various benefits.
How to Restart Through the System
The first and easiest way is through your iPhone system. This restart method is the method recommended by Apple and can be done if your device does not have a significant problem. Here are the steps:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the screen displays a red slider
- Drag the on-screen slider to turn off your iPhone
- After iPhone turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo on the screen
How to Force Restart
If the iPhone restart method above doesn’t work on your device, you may have to force restart it. Well, here is a forced restart method that should be done in an emergency or when the iPhone does not run the restart command above:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for 10 seconds
- Wait until you see the Apple logo on the screen
iPhone 3G can be forcibly restarted by pressing the Home button for 6-10 seconds
iPhone 3GS and 4 can be restarted by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button. If the screen shows a red slider , you should not drag the red slider , we recommend pressing and holding the ‘Home’ button for 6-15 seconds
How to Restart Iphone Without a Button
In fact, the iPhone can also be restarted without using the buttons located on the body of this ‘expensive’ device. The first way is to change the appearance of the iPhone letters to bold or bold. Here are the steps:
- Open the ‘Settings’ menu on the iPhone
- Go to the ‘General’ menu
- Select the ‘Accessbility’ menu, then you will find the words ‘Bold Text’, change it to the ON position
- Your screen will display a warning: Applying this setting with restart your iPhone
- Press ‘Continue’ then your iPhone will restart automatically
For the record, if you use an iPhone with iOS 7 or 8, then you can try the restart method above. However, if you are using iOS 7 and below, then you cannot apply the restart method using this bold font .
How to restart iPhone without using the next button is to reset the wireless network settings on your iPhone. The method:
- Open the ‘Settings’ menu on the iPhone
- Go to the ‘General’ menu
- Select ‘Reset Network Settings’, then proceed with confirmation to restart the device
The various ways to restart the iPhone above are safe and will not damage your device. Avoid restarting the iPhone by immediately removing the battery while it is on as this can damage the battery and the iPhone itself. Removing the battery is only possible if all of the above methods don’t work on your iPhone.
How to Restart iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus users, now you don’t need to be confused about how to restart. This time Cari Signal will provide a tutorial on how to restart iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Here are the steps you can take:
- Press the power button on the right side of the phone
- Press the volume down button at the same time as pressing the power button
- Then wait a few seconds until the Apple logo appears
- After that your iPhone will automatically restart
- Then, you only need to enter a passcode or fingerprint to normalize your phone again
How to Restart iPhone X and iPhone 8
If you are an iPhone X and iPhone 8 user, then how to restart it is a little different from other iPhone series. Well, if you want to restart your iPhone X then there are 3 different steps. You can choose according to your needs and tastes. Here are the ways:
Restart Iphone with side button and volume
- Click and hold on the button on the right side along with holding and clicking the volume up/down button until the slider appears.
- Then drag the slider until your iPhone X completely turns off
- After iPhone X turns off, you can immediately click and hold on the button on the right side until the Apple logo appears
You need to know that this method of restarting with the side and volume buttons also applies to iPhone 8 users.
Restart Iphone in the settings menu
In addition to the method above, there is also another way to restart iPhone X easily, without using the help of the button on the side / volume. Curious? You just need to follow these few steps:
- Click on the settings section then select the general menu
- After that you can scroll down until you find the word “Shut Down”
- And now you just need to click “Shut Down” to restart, it’s very easy isn’t it?
Restart without the help of volume buttons
One more way to restart iPhone X is to restart it without the help of the volume buttons. This one method is somewhat longer than the previous two methods. Well, here’s how to do it:
- Open the settings menu and click general
- Then, click Accessibility
- Select the Assistive Touch menu and turn on Assistive Touch
- tap on the Assistive Touch button then click on “Device” and select “More”
- Then, just click “Restart”
The ideal time to restart iPhone is every day. However, you can also restart 3-4 days or even once a week. Make sure you regularly clear cache and browser history on your iPhone so that the device is free from lag and other problems.